George G. Mutafyan, MD is pleased to offer a wide-range of experience as a weight loss physician. Our friendly and compassionate staff is committed to providing patients with comprehensive medical weight loss services in Glendale, CA and neighboring areas.
General & Weight Loss Surgery Options
If your problem with obesity has gotten to the point where health problems…
You may have a problem with obesity, but that doesn’t mean that your…
You already know that obesity is a serious medical condition that leads to…
Revision Bariatric Surgery
If you have previously had weight loss surgery, but have since gained weight…
Do not hesitate to contact our office or schedule a Band Evaluation to determine if you need a fill or deflation (adjustment).
Types of Hernias
There's a variety of reasons for a hernia to occur. In fact, hernias can even be present at birth if there was abnormal development of the abdominal wall.
Cyst Removal Surgery
In order for the problem to completely resolve the cyst or sinus needs to be removed in its entirety.
Problems that arise from the gallbladder are usually the result of gallstones.
Talk to Us Today for Our Procedures
Here is a short list of just some of the plans we accept. Please contact our office if you do not see your insurance provider listed. We also accept all major credit cards, cash and financing including CareCredit.
Outpatient Surgery Q & A
What is outpatient surgery?
“Outpatient” refers to a patient who receives medical care without admission to a hospital. In the case of outpatient surgery, your operation takes place in a surgical suite that may be attached to a hospital or exist as a standalone surgical center. You may also hear it referred to as ambulatory surgery or same-day surgery, which means you can go home the same day as your surgery.
Which surgeries can be performed as outpatient procedures?
The list of potential outpatient surgeries and treatments performed by the highly skilled team at Weight Loss Surgical Center is long and may include:
- A complex wound or laceration repair
- Surgical biopsies for cancer and other medical conditions
- Gallbladder removal (cholecystectomy)
- Skin cancer diagnosis and treatment
- Hernia repair
- Tumor excision (removal)
- Surgery (fundoplication) for reflux disease and/or hiatal hernia
- Our team at Surgical Clinic generally recommends outpatient surgery based on your overall health and the nature of the planned procedure, including whether the surgery can be performed with minimally invasive laparoscopy.
- What are the benefits of outpatient surgery?
- An outpatient surgical center can often offer quicker scheduling for your procedure than you may expect at a hospital. Faster scheduling can help ease the stress and reduce the pain you may experience while waiting for prolonged periods of time for inpatient surgery.
- However, quick and affordable does not entail a reduction in quality. In fact, our expertly trained surgeons and staff’s primary goal is to ensure patients receive the same quality of care – if not better – in our outpatient facility as you would in a hospital. The equipment used in outpatient surgery centers is as advanced, sometimes more so, than what a hospital operating room offers.
- Outpatient surgery is usually much more affordable than inpatient surgery due to the elimination of excessive hospital costs that most patients simply do not need. This ultimately reduces out-of-pocket expenses. People also tend to feel much more comfortable resting at home than in a hospital, which often leads to faster healing.
- Gallbladder removal, hernia repair, and similar outpatient surgeries are performed laparoscopically. Minimally invasive surgical approaches often lead to expedited healing compared to traditional or “open” surgery, due to a reduction in risk for complications such as bleeding or infection.
- Schedule a Surgical by phone today with our office to find out if you’re a good candidate for outpatient surgery.
What Our Clients Say about us
For us, surgery is just one of the tools we use to help take care of our patients. Surgical Specialist of California Surgical Group takes pride in our relationships with our patients. We educate, counsel and provide guidance to our patients, when they are facing some of life's most difficult challenges.